Think Marquez Start World Champion title

Laguna Seca – Half season passes, Marc Marquez is able to perch on top of the MotoGP standings. Although still a debutant, young Honda rider’s start thinking about the world title.

Following the victory at the U.S. MotoGP, Monday (07/22/2013) pm dawn, Marquez successfully defended its position at the top of the rider standings. She has now collected 163 points, 15 points ahead of Dani Pedrosa in second position and led 25 points from Jorge Lorenzo is in the top three.

With Lorenzo, Marquez is now so riders with the most number of championships three times. The fact that his physical condition is much better because of not having an accident like that of Lorenzo Marquez was considered to have made ​​a promise to sustain performance in the second half of the season.

“Why not?” Marquez said when asked about the chance to be world champion 2013.

“It will be difficult but I do not expect previously in this position at the start of last season, and this is a good condition,” Marquez said in MCN.

“At present, the most important thing is to feel comfortable with the bike and was in a good condition now. Important to undergo a summer vacation with such conditions, and we’ll see how it is in the second half of the season,” he said again.

Throughout the history of Grand Prix racing, once the new rookie driver won the world title. It happened in 1978 and that doing so is a legendary racer Kenny Roberts.

Raikkonen was asked not to move to Red Bull

Lotus Kimi Raikkonen tried to convince to stay on the team and did not move to Red Bull.
“In the last two years we managed to close the gap to Red Bull. And we continue to catch up with this,” said Eric Boullier, Lotus boss told the BBC.
Raikkonen speculation of a move to Red Bull’s Mark Webber came after deciding not to renew his contract with Red Bull.
Click Webber will leave Formula 1 at the end of this year and will jump in NASCAR.
With Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso team, Raikkonen is considered as an ideal replacement for Webber.
end of August
Click Raikkonen record of achievement is quite impressive and for a while was in third position in the championship under the Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Boullier said that Raikkonen at Lotus future will be decided before August.
“He’s old enough to decide what is best for him. Sides There is a positive side and a negative if he decided to move to Red Bull next year,” said Boullier.
Beyond the technical factors, Boullier said there was a problem between Lotus and Raikkonen related payroll but Boullier confirmed that the salary arrears is now complete.
Red Bull Webber himself said a replacement will be announced in late August.

Sean Gelael get Increased motivation After Podium

Jakarta – Sean Gelael two podium finishes in the first series of the British F3 race at Silverstone, last May. Proud of the results he stressed the need to work hard to get better results.

Sean is the defending team Double R Racing Dallara-Mercedes consecutive third-place finish in the two races in British F3 at Silverstone. At that time, Sean was able to break the record as the youngest rider on the podium F3, at the age of 16 years 6 months 25 days he broke the record previously dipunya Nelson Piquet (17 years).

Sean podium success Gelael make more confident to face his first season in European racing scene. Even so, she admits she still needs a lot of learning achieve optimal outcomes in the next series.

“All it really takes the process and I still have to work hard to achieve maximum results. Except at Silverstone who already tried and then I was able to reach the podium, all the European Formula 3 is the first time I face, and a new adaptation during a training session 2×40 minutes ahead of the race. Though not satisfied, but I still feel proud and make progress, “Sean said in Jakarta.

Sean is currently the youngest driver to appear in the European Formula 3, which will last 10 rounds. In addition, he also participated in the British Formula 3 series consisting of four.

Sean is not yet able to gain points in Formula 3 Europe, but for the British Formula 3, he is now in third place with 15 points behind Guimaraes (18 points) and Buller (25 points). Nearby European F3 series will face Sean was racing circuit in Norisring, Nuremberg, on 13-14 July.

Next Month, Stoner Honda RC213V Will Ride Again

Tokyo – Casey Stoner will make ‘comeback’ in MotoGP. Not as full rider, he will become Honda test rider in sebuat tests to be conducted in Rig Motegi Twin Circuit.

Stoner plans do a ‘comeback’ in MotoGP reported by MCN. Australian rider mentioned that it would be prepared to test Honda RC213V for 2014 season.

It is not certain when the test will be held. But it is believed, the test will be held in the coming weeks in August and will not interfere with the racing schedule Stoner in V8 Supercar event.

By preparing for ‘comeback’ The Stoner, Honda specifically set up the same special with ever ridden Stoner while still strengthening the teams.

Stoner decided to retire from the last MotoGP event in 2012. He took a step considered shocking because he was only 27 years old and is considered still have a great opportunity to increase the number of her world title it was only numbered two.

Austria in Back to the Start 2014 F1 Calendar

56332 468x311 Austria Masuk Kembali ke Kalender F1 Mulai 2014

Spielberg (DP) – Season 2014 F1 race will be long after it was officially announced that Austria will return to the F1 calendar. Austria F1 circuit will be located at the Red Bull Ring.
Red Bull Ring, formerly the A1 Ring, last hosted the F1 race in 2003 and missed the start 2004. Circuit replanted.
Energy drink company and owner of the new circuit, Red Bull, Austria submitted a statement to the media on Tuesday (23/7) that it has completed negotiations to bring F1 back to the circuit which is located in the mountainous region of Austria. Dietrich Mateschitz (Red Bull owner) and Bernie Ecclestone have reached an agreement to bring F1 back to Austria, on July 6, 2014.
Red Bull has invested great for rejuvenating the facility circuit that stood since 1969, the circuit re-opened in 2011 under the name Red Bull Ring.
Mateschitz Austria before plans to enter into the F1 calendar in 2013 to replace the New Jersey race is canceled. Unfortunately, it failed to reach an agreement.
With the entry of Austria next year, meaning that the F1 season 2014 will take place as many as 22 races. Russia and New Jersey will be held for the first time in F1 next season.

Pirelli Blamed harming F1 Racer

Pirelli Dituding Membahayakan Pembalap F1  

F1 driver of the Mercedes AMG team Lewis Hamilton said, Pirelli – sponsor and official tire manufacturer for F1 – must take action on the explosion of 4 tires in a race the British Grand Prix, Silverstone, Sunday, June 30, 2013. Four tires exploded car driver during a race at Silverstone. Hamilton also experienced in the 7th round.
»It must be resolved quickly,” said Hamilton, as quoted by BBC Sports, Monday, July 1, 2013. “It was and is definitely a problem that interferes with the course of the race, and victory for the drivers. This is the first time in my career, is in danger because of the tire exploded.”
Pirelli motorsport boss Paul Hembery said the investigation is being conducted related to the explosion of the tire. He’s trying to find out what caused the explosion of the tire, so ahead of the next race series held at Nurbugring, Germany, not terlulang.
Hamilton – who tried to catch up due to tire burst incident – managed to finish in 4th place. He said the rest of the nervous and pessimistic undergo rounds at Silverstone, yesterday.
»Safety is the biggest issue in the race this race. This is really not acceptable, “said Hamilton. »Do not get hurt when there are new stakeholders into action.”
Four riders who have broken tire; Hamilton, Felipe Massa, Jean Eric Vergne, and Sergio Perez. The third rider was lucky to continue the race. While Perez could not continue.
Nico Rosberg managed to come out as the champion Biritish F1 GP Silverstone. In the second position occupied by Red Bull driver Mark Webber. Furthermore, in the third position is occupied by driver Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.

Cycling-Armstrong says French findings on doping are no surprise

LONDON, July 25 (Reuters) – Lance Armstrong said he was not surprised by a French Senate inquiry’s findings that the top two in the 1998 Tour de France took the banned blood booster EPO because virtually all riders at that time cheated and told lies.

 “I am not surprised,” the disgraced Tour winner told Cyclingnews. “As I have said, it was an unfortunate era for all of us and virtually all of us broke the rules, and lied about it.”

The American, who was stripped of his seven Tour titles for doping, called for cycling to address its doping past in a “collective and co-operative manner”.

“If we don’t come together, have the conversation and draw a line in the sand and then move on, we’re all screwed,” he said.

Armstrong admitted having taken performance-enhancing drugs in January and was stripped of the Tour titles he won from 1999 to 2005 after the United States Anti-Doping Agency said it had uncovered a sophisticated doping programme.

 Armstrong did not compete in 1998 because he was battling cancer but the French Senate inquiry, published on Wednesday, named him as testing positive for EPO in 1999.

 Italian Marco Pantani, who won the Tour in 1998 and died of a drug overdose in 2004, and Jan Ullrich of Germany, who finished second in 1998, were among those named in the 918-page report compiled by a parliamentary group who called for a “truth and reconciliation” commission (TRC) to be created to lift the veil of silence on illegal practices.

 Since Armstrong confessed to doping on the Oprah Winfrey show in January he has called for a truth and reconciliation programme on several occasions.

 WADA, the world anti-doping agency, the International Cycling Union (UCI) and national federations have been wary of the suggestion, although UCI presidential candidate Brian Cookson has appeared open to the suggestion of Armstrong sharing his past.

Armstrong continued: “I have not been contacted by anyone. I suspect in many ways they (WADA) are afraid of a TRC as it would fly in the face of the now famous talking point ‘the most sophisticated doping programme in the history of the world’.”

Asked if the Senate’s findings would benefit the sport, Armstrong told Cyclingnews: “I don’t know. I really don’t.

“I’d like to think that there is some good in all this but from my perspective, sitting here today, there has been nothing but damage done to the sport.” (Reporting by Mike Collett; Editing by Clare Fallon)

Massa: Ferrari at the Hungaroring could Competitive

Budapest – Felipe Massa was reluctant to accept the notion that Ferrari will be trouble at this weekend’s Hungarian GP. He still has confidence that his team can compete with its rivals.

Formula 1 tenth series will be held Sunday (28/07/2013) in the circuit Hongaroring. This circuit is known for its characteristic narrow and winding.

“People say that the characteristics of our car did not fit with this circuit and it will be difficult for us to be able to compete for victory,” Massa said as quoted by Crash.

“But I’m not sure this is an accurate assessment, because previously there are other circuits in which we assessed will appear tough and the going is not so. Vice versa, the opposite.”

According to 32 riders this year, as long as can well understand the circuit and find the right settings to devour corners Hungaroring, the opportunity to compete with rival will still be there. He also hopes his team can look slick and reverse the presumption.

“The most important thing is as soon as possible to understand very well how the car reacts. Circuit requires as much downforce as possible, because of the speed on the straights here not too important.”

“You need a very stable car and it would be good for the tires to avoid relegation. I think we can be competitive, so I hope our weekend runs contrary to what people expect,” he said.

Massa is currently still at number seven rider standings with 57 points. He is 100 points behind Sebastian Vettel is on top of the standings. So far he has only once on the podium, while finishing third in the Spanish GP.

Nicky Hayden Threatened can’t join MotoGP Next Season

Nicky Hayden Terancam Tak Ikut MotoGP Musim Depan

2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden will not be offered a contract extension by the Ducati team in MotoGP season 2014. Racer whose name is quite popular in the United States that had revealed his future uncertainty in MotoGP next season when convening MotoGP Germany last week.
Ducati is based in Bologna, Italy is not an offer for a new contract Hayden motorhome Desemosedici for the sixth season. But also do not want to lose Ducati Nicky Hayden.
As an alternative, offering Ducati rider 31-year-old racer was a different contract. That is offered to be the driver in the event the Superbike World Championship (WSBK).
There has been no official confirmation from Ducati related to this issue. “We prefer to retain Nicky with Ducati and we have some options that are still to be discussed again with him, including the option to race in the World Superbike,” said Ducati boss, Paolo Ciabatti in MCN.
But Nicky Hayden admitted, “I really prefer to stay in MotoGP racing with the right bike and the right team, but unfortunately at this time Momennya not so good,” said Nicky Hayden as reported Motorcyclenews.
Hayden also indirectly agreed that he was ready to move into Superbike racing. Now he’s still wait and see. At least until the end of this season, Ducati will continue to give full support to the two riders, Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso.
“But Hayden Ducati offered at different positions in the Ducati line-up, we are just starting to talk about this time in Germany, and we’ll see,” he said.
By not offering them by Ducati Nicky Hayden, another speculation that mention Cal Crutchlow will move to replace Hayden Ducati.

NASCAR back at dirt track for 1st time since ’70

NASCAR is set for an off-road detour through the dirt.

The Truck Series is headed for the Eldora Speedway half-mile dirt track for a one-night only special designed to reconnect NASCARwith its early roots and give fans raised on asphalt and stock cars a taste of the wild races run in the dust.

The last time one of NASCAR’s top touring series competed on dirt was Sept. 30, 1970, when Richard Petty won a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (called the Grand National Division at that time) race at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.

The dirt drought ends when the trucks race Wednesday night at Tony Stewart-owned Eldora in Rossburg, Ohio.

Stewart, still a regular on the weeknight racing circuit, has naturally become a big booster of NASCAR’s return to dirt. Most of the field drove their first Eldora laps at Tuesday’s practice.

”It’s a neat facility,” Stewart said. ”It’s well lit, it’s a wide racetrack, it gives you a lot of options of where you can go and what you can do. I think it gives those guys an opportunity. The practice day on Tuesday should help a lot of those teams be able to get acclimated before they come back to the track on Wednesday.”

Eldora’s grandstands are sold out for the 9:30 p.m. ET race, even as some of the series’ biggest winners, like Kyle Busch, are sitting out. Ryan Newman and Dave Blaney are the only Cup drivers in the field. The race will feature a handful of so-called ringers, such as Scott Bloomquist, a member of the National Dirt Track Hall of Fame with more than 500 victories in a lengthy career. The 49-year-old Bloomquist is set to make his NASCAR debut driving the No. 51 Toyota for Kyle Busch Motorsports.

”It’s going to be something different I’m sure, but it’s a race car and I’ve driven a lot of race cars,” he said. ”Never a truck, but it’s still a race car.”

The race also gets a twist on qualifying. There are five, eight-lap qualifying events and a 15-lap last-chance race to come up with the 30 competitors (regularly 36 in the series) who will start the 150-lap Mudsummer Classic. Because there is no pit road, the race is broken into three segments of 60, 50 and 40 laps.

Trucks driver James Buescher raved about Eldora after he tested there.

”It was a lot more fun than I expected it to be,” he said. ”It’s definitely going to be interesting when we get 30 trucks on the track at the same time in tight quarters like that. It’s going to be an action-packed race. I just hope there’s not too many cautions.”

It could happen. After all, the trucks weren’t built to race on dirt, so some adjustments were needed.

The Goodyear dirt tire has been widened from 10 to 11 inches to provide a larger contact patch with the track and give the trucks more grip. While the Eldora right-side tire will basically remain the same height as a NASCAR tire run on asphalt tracks, the left-side is 3 inches shorter (85.8 inches) to build in more stagger, which will help the trucks turn better.

The trucks will be fitted for mesh shields and hood deflectors to hold off debris kicked up from the muck.

The drivers who know how to get dirty are the easy favorites.

Kyle Larson, pegged as NASCAR’s next big star, is one of the few drivers with experience on the dirt oval. Larson is one of only two drivers to sweep the USAC Four Crown Nationals at Eldora Speedway. Larson also won in the USAC Midgets in 2012.

There’s a reason this track was selected for him to make his second Truck Series start of the season.

”I have been looking forward to this race for a really long time,” he said. ”I’ve had a lot of fun racing at Eldora and have had quite a bit of success, so I am excited to get back. I can’t wait to see how the trucks run there.”

Even with the lengthy gap between NASCAR dirt races, fans and drivers are buzzing over the race, a rarity in a series that often runs in front of mostly empty grandstands as a support race in a Sprint Cup weekend.

But a big crowd, big ratings and a great race could go far in making an Eldora a regular stop on the Truck Series circuit – and maybe make stock car racing there a reality.

”If it has incredible success, who knows how far this could go?” driver Kenny Wallace said. ”You could put the Nationwide Series there. One thing I always remind people of – and I race dirt all over the United States – this is where Kasey Kahne, Tony Stewart, Clint Bowyer, Ryan Newman came from. Three quarters of the field in Sprint Cup came from dirt tracks just like Eldora. I think this is a really good deal.”

The race comes six weeks after the death of NASCAR driver Jason Leffler on a dirt track in New Jersey. State police say a mechanical problem was to blame for the spinout that ended with Leffler’s car slamming into a concrete wall.

The 37-year-old Long Beach, Calif., native was a two-time winner on the NASCAR Nationwide Series and a one-time winner in the Truck Series.