Football: AirAsia signs three-year sponsorship deal with FAS

SINGAPORE: Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the Football Association of Singapore (FAS).

The sponsorship, worth S $ 1.8 million, will include flights of for the under-21, under-23 and senior national teams, as well as the National Football Academy’s age-group teams and women’s teams.

The partnership with FAS is set to provide the Necessary support to the association to further gamers footballing success and raise standards for all levels. The Singapore national football team are the recent Victors of the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Suzuki Cup campaign.

AirAsia will also offer “attractive travel packages” for football fans traveling to away matches, it said in a release.

“I never looked at the commercial aspirations … but to aim high and do something meaningful for Singapore football,” said AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes.

“Having AirAsia on the Singapore jersey is important, we want to put forward the message that we want to do better, that we want to dream. We hope to be part of that success; to help some of those young kids Realise their aspirations. ”

Mr Fernandes added that the sponsorship does not have “a fixed set of rules”.

“Whatever comes up with the FAS and requires our assistance, we are ready to help,” he said.

AirAsia has a track record of sports sponsorship, having backed the English Premiership football team Queens Park Rangers, Lotus Formula 1 outfit, the ASEAN Basketball League and MotoGP.

FAS President Zainudin Nordin said he is “absolutely thrilled to have concluded an agreement with an organization of AirAsia’s caliber and reputation”.

“We are really thankful to Tony Fernandes and AirAsia for their staunch support for football and we are looking forward to working closely with them to further promote the sport in the coming years,” he said.

He added: “It is a positive thing for us, Because Mr Fernandes and AirAsia are supporting youth, and sports in particular.”

Related PON, Ahok Want Jakarta Athletes Chosen as Pure Ability

Jakarta – Vice Governor Basuki Purnama T received a visit from the Board Core KONI Jakarta to discuss the preparation of athletes ahead of next PON. Here he is familiarly called Ahok was advised that Jakarta should be represented by the best athletes.

Ahok at the meeting confirmed that the athletes selected to represent Jakarta in PON later not based on personal personal aspect. Athletes selected best will, although probably not a native of Jakarta.

“There should be no quota-jatahan again. Di Jakarta is a lot of newcomers. Example of the best all of eastern Indonesia, then we do not think should, dong. Nobody called it, ‘Betawi there should be a two-deh’, we want the best, “he told reporters at city hall, Jalan Merdeka Selatan, Friday (07/19/2013).

He also explained prefers to send its athletes than athletes trained abroad by coach from abroad. Is chosen so that the athletes had a good sparring partner.

“We are also thinking to bring in a coach here, but disadvantages if he did not bring the coach there who had great sparring partner,” he said.

About which countries could be the athletes aim to sharpen skills, Ahok bercandanya replied with a distinctive style. “If sumo send to Japan, yes to the mas Icuk Badminton, gymnastics to Eastern Europe. Ball I do not know ya, to Brazil possible.”

In the mat PON XVIII 2012 last year, DKI Jakarta managed to emerge as the overall champion. PON next to be held in 2016 in West Java.

Kompany: Big spending not Guarantee Success City Next Season

Hong Kong – Manchester City have spent a lot of money, although the new transfer window opened earlier this month. But it is not a guarantee to be able to bring the Citizens success next season.

So far four players brought in by the City that Fernandinho, Jesus Navas, Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic. Total of about 100 pounds, also has spent to bring his fourth club management.

With the new transfer window ending 2 September, it is quite possible there will be another top names who entered into such habits City Etihad Stadium in previous seasons, which always bring in star players.

Examples are when winning the Premier League in season 2011/2012, they are investing heavily to buy Sergio Aguero, Samir Nasri, James Milner, David Silva, and others.

When compared with city rivals Manchester United, who are still cool and calm in this transfer window, City may say one step ahead in preparation for the title next season. But that does not mean they will be easily able to snatch the title from Manchester United.

“It’s not enough just to spend a lot of money, I think the other teams are also doing the same thing. Should be something special, but we will do what we can in preparation for this time period,” said team captain, Vincent Kompany, as reported by ESPN.

“Buying new players are important, but the way we make preparations so far so good and we want to do our best to be a team that can compete in all competitions,” he continued.

“You can ask this to five or six clubs and certainly the same answer. Premie League That’s why so most competitive league in the world.”

Kompany further mention that solidity team during the current season is the most important thing to be able to bring the team’s success. Unlike last season where City many internal problems plagued the team that one of them dispute with Mario Balotelli Roberto Mancini.

This is also a hard task that must be carried Manuel Pellegrini as the new City Manager. Especially in the last two test matches they always defeat in the pre-season tour to South Africa.

“Football is more than just buying a new player.’s About the team, be a family and he himself also. When he came, we ensure comfort for him because it is not easy being away from your home,” said he.

Waiting for “coolest pair” in Formula One

Rumor attraction of Red Bull withdraw from Lotus Kimi Raikkonen continues to grow. The Iceman combination with Sebastian Vettel assessed will be very cool for the world racing pole.

Raikkonen comeback this season acted pretty incredible. Despite a long absence, the Finnish driver is able to penetrate the top three standings F1 Vettel and become a competitor as well as his former team, Ferrari.

It made Raikkonen into one of three candidates who will replace Mark Webber, who decided to retire at the end of the season. Kimi stay competitive with Toro Tosso duo, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne.

However, McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton-Raikkonen Vettel assess the combination is the most interesting. Because, Raikkonen could be assessed a new rival for the defending champion.

“Today will be a very cool look at Kimi in Red Bull. He would complicate Seb (Vettel),” said Hamilton in the British newspaper, The Sun.

“Kimi is a superb rider, everyone knows it. So it will be very interesting what he would do with a better car,” added the champion of the 2008 F1 season.

Lotus Party is still reluctant to release their hero is. Raikkonen himself insists there is no agreement whatsoever on the future. “If I know (about the future) will definitely be my responsibility to stop these nonsense rumors,” said Kimi.

Raikkonen started his career in 2001 with Sauber defending. After that, he moved to McLaren a year later before solidifying Ferrari in 2007.

33-year-old man had quit F1 in 2009 and performed at the rally event World Rally Championship (WRC) and Nascar. In 2012, the 2007 F1 champion eventually back to racing pole.

Austrian GP Season Will Start Again Comes Home

Spielberg – After an absence since 2003, the Austrian Grand Prix will return to the F1 calendar. The plan Austrian GP will take place since the 2014 season.

This was possible as the management agreement between F1 with Red Bull camp, which has a circuit in Spielberg, Styria, Austria.

The circuit itself is now called the Red Bull Ring after polished finished and opened again in 2011. Previously it was carrying the circuit Österreichring name and then A1 Ring.

“Dietrich Mateschitz (Red Bull owner) and Bernie Ecclestone have reached an agreement that will make going back to Styria F1 next year,” said Red Bull as quoted by Autosport.

Years ago had appeared discourse to replace the race in New Jersey with the Austrian race. In the end an agreement was not reached for 2013, even though it was revealed that the Austrian Grand Prix will appear again in 2014.

The return of the Austrian GP formally still must be approved by the FIA ​​as a discussion about the 2014 calendars in the World Motor Sport Council meeting next.

Italian Motorcycle rider killed

Italian rider, Andrea Antonelli who compete in the World Supersport Championship (WSS) at the Moscow Raceway, Sunday (21/7) had an accident wiped opener.
Riders who defended the Go Eleven Kawasaki team killed diinsiden the accident, when the race circuit in wet weather and slippery because of heavy rain.
Shortly after the fall of the ZX-68 motorcycle her, Antonelli hit by Lorenzo Zanetti who was driving behind him.
Race itself was finally stopped, then the incidence of accidents will be handled Russia’s Federal Investigative Committee. WSS held in conjunction with the World Superbike Championship (WSBK).

Ambitious Of Tottenham To Translucent Champions League

Tottenham Berambisi Tembus Liga Champions

Tottenham Hotspur coach Andre Villas-Boas insists his team’s ambition is to penetrate in the Champions League season 2013/14.

Spurs, who currently resides in Hong Kong, would like to reply to the failure of the last two years, in which they almost succeeded in holding the Champions League.

“We want to be the club qualify for the Champions League,” said Villas-Boas. “That is our main ambition. We were able to do it this time.”

Tottenham will begin their adventures in the Premier League away games with diving face Crystal Palace on August 18.

De Angelis Replace Spies at Laguna Seca

De Angelis Replace Spies at Laguna Seca
Siena – Alex de Angelis will get the chance to perform again in the MotoGP class. Not yet recovered Ben Spies made ​​De Angelis will race for Pramac Ducati in MotoGP United States.

Spies is still struggling with a shoulder injury after a severe accident at Malaysian MotoGP, in October last year. He can follow the race in Qatar and Austin this year, but then absent.

In the last five series, Spies position was replaced by a Ducati test rider, Michele Pirro. Pirro appeared tolerable and able to get 30 points from the five series.

But, Pirro will not be able to fill the position of U.S. Spies in MotoGP, July 21. The reason, he should follow the test session with Ducati at the Misano Circuit, July 23 to 25.

Therefore, the Pramac Ducati rider pointing De Angelis as a substitute at Laguna Seca. Incidentally, De Angelis also had no agenda on July 21 for the Moto2 class was contested at Laguna Seca.

De Angelis is now competing in the Moto2 and defend the Forward Racing team. Previously, it appeared San Marino rider in the MotoGP class with the Honda Gresini in 2008 and 2009. She also appeared in three series with Interwetten Honda in 2010 to replace the injured Hiroshi Aoyama.

Meanwhile, Spies is still undergoing treatment is expected to comeback in MotoGP Indianapolis, 18 August. The next MotoGP series is the German MotoGP at the Sachsenring circuit, July 14.

Beermen face Warriors in final

Bangkok – San Miguel Beermen stepped into the ASEAN Basketball League finals after eliminating Sports Rev. Thailand Slammers. In the fourth game, 77-61 win over Slammers Beermen.

With the victory at Nimibutr Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand, Thursday (30/05/2013), the Beermen won the semifinal playoff round with a score of 3-1.

Paulo Hubalde had 16 points and five assists for the Beermen. While teammate Hubalde, Pauliasi Taulava, had 15 points. While the camp Slammers, Christien Charles had 15 points and nine rebounds.

Beermen appeared dominant since the first quarter, in which they excel over Slammers 21-13. Only in the second quarter alone they lost the points of the Slammers.

An additional 24 points in the final quarter and then took Slammers to meet the Warriors, who had first advanced after defeating Westports Malaysia Dragons.

This is the final test. Last year, the Warriors defeated success to become a champion Beermen through three games.

Beermen won the first game by a score of 86-83 at the Ynares Sports Arena. However, the Warriors got up and won the next two games, each with a score of 81-61 and 78-76.

The first final between the Beermen and the Warriors will be held at the Ynares Arena on June 7.

Jokowi Open MUSORPROV X KONI Jakarta

Jakarta Governor, Joko Widodo officially opening the X Provincial Sports Council (Musorprov X) KONI Jakarta in 2013 at the Hotel Mercure Ancol, Jakarta, on Saturday (6/4).
On that occasion, Jokowi, greeting familiar Joko Widodo also presented awards to six athletes in the sport DKI tennis and track and field athlete ever to ASEAN Para Games in Surakarta.
“By saying bismilah, Province X Koni Sports Council of Jakarta in 2013 was officially opened this morning,” said Jokowi.
After a welcome start, Jokowi, which comes with a white shirt and black pants, immediately start hitting the gong sign Musorprov event X KONI Jakarta in 2013. He hoped that the event will run smoothly.
As is known, this Council was held to discuss the three main agenda. Ie to discuss the report of activities DKI KONI 2009-2013 tenure. The second item on the agenda to discuss and establish a draft work program KONI Jakarta term of office from 2013 to 2017. After that, the activities will be followed by the election of the Chairman of KONI Jakarta period 2013-2017.